Thursday, September 23, 2010

Finally Have my Computer Back

Sorry for long time between posts. The day before school started here, my two week old computer decided to stop working. Needless to say, shipping it back to be fixed was a hassle, made even more so trying to get a computer back. I now have my undergrad computer here which is nice and I can return to full connection with the world, and just in time. I have my first vet school exam on Monday in Microanatomy, the one class I despise. But now that my computer has arrived, I can actually study. It's been a lot of work so far and I'm amazed by how much I've already learned. Today, my books also came in, which will definitely be helpful in my classes. For the first time, I got to work with live animals, dogs. We were learning to palpate and it was nice to not be working with a cold smelly cadaver dog.

Speaking of live animals, I also got a kitten. Her name is Rory and she is so cute. The second night home, she ate one of my earring backs. Unfortunately, she tore it off my ear while I was asleep. I've been searching for it to come out the other end, but as yet no such luck.

It hasn't been all work and no play. We go out on the weekends and study at the beach. We went ziplining and snorkeling and on a catamaran tour. More plans are in the works. Updates to come.

Unfortunately, this will be a short post as I have lots that I want to do with my computer. I promise more updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment